Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'm 27 now, so before I turn 28.......

I had an amazing day today, so thank you everyone for your wonderful birthday wishes. Friends and family are truly all you need to be happy.

I also thought I'd share some plans for this upcoming year.

I am definitely not obsessed with staying young and worrying about getting older. I actually feel happier the older and wiser I get. However, I did read an article in the New York Post titled, "If You Are Not 28, Don't Read This", but of course I read it anyway. It basically talks about how it becomes more difficult to learn and absorb material as you age, particularly at 28. So...................... I have been wanting to learn to speak Spanish fluently since as long as I could remember. I even majored in it for a couple years and promised myself to move to another country and complete my learnin' at some point. That has yet to happen, but maybe one day (Barcelona, Rob?).

Additionally, I have been dying to learn to play the guitar (specifically the ukulele, since it would be more fitting with my size, but we'll start with the standard guitar). If you can play then someone will sing along. I love how just one instrument and one voice can completely fill a room with music. I want to do that!!

Just so you know, no one has been holding me back. I have been lazy, but now the pressure is on! (Hopefully next year I'm posting my melodies and writing in Spanish)

Let's go with my lessons!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

I hope you had a great birthday!!