Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Talking to your animals

From the moment I get home at night until the time I leave in the morning I talk to Yoda. Having him around really makes it feel as if there is another person present. I refer to doing things as "we" when I talk to friends and family. "We are watching tv, we are eating dinner." I honestly think I would lose my mind (and be sad, lonely, lazy, etc) if he wasn't here. When I take baths he lays beside the tub, when I eat dinner he tries to steal my food and when I am on the phone he is usually doing something bad to get my attention. He keeps me on my toes and keeps me company. On that note, I have a very funny story about someone talking to their pets, but when other people could actually hear them (there's a difference).

My coworker, Steff, has two tiny pet frogs (Bella and Edward) she keeps at her desk. The other day I heard her say, "are you hungry?" she paused for a second, then said "but I fed you yesterday." (key word there "but") that means the frogs answered her. I was like Stef, I talk to Yoda, but you just asked those frogs a question and you think they answered you AND you just responded. We all starting laughing.

Yoda testing Rob

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Frogs. That would make a great pet for the kids. If you miss a day they don't die, but they will let you know with a croak I guess. That's not so bad. Maybe I will look into it. Tell Yoders hello from Miami. Its 70 degrees here. Sorry.